Not your usual retirement village
Cambridge Resthaven is a Community Trust, and that’s something quite different from most retirement villages. Established by the community over 45 years ago, the Trust has developed and grown with the community, always retaining our Community Trust status and community ethos.
While most retirement villages are owned by listed companies, Cambridge Resthaven is not. We are not part of a chain; we are a stand-alone village, where every dollar goes back into providing services for Cambridge seniors.
Cambridge Resthaven is a familiar part of the town's landscape and history, with the iconic water tower sitting right alongside us. The Cambridge Resthaven Trust Board was set up in 1966 by community groups - Lions, Rotary, Federated Farmers, RSA, Country Women's Institute and Cambridge Borough Council.
These groups committed to raise funds for a resthome in Cambridge. After an outstanding fundraising effort from the Cambridge community, Friends of Resthaven and with considerable individual donations, the first stage of the resthome was built and opened in November 1972. Truly a community project! Further fundraising from all these groups and the community resulted in the hospital wing built in 1979, with further developments in 2009 and 2012 from individual donations.
We currently have over 90 staff who provide care and services to all the ladies and gentlemen who have chosen Resthaven as their home.
Our friendly receptionist Emma mans the front desk during office hours, 9.00am - 4.30pm.
In the background we have a well-oiled team of Lillian looking after HR & payroll, Fiona in Accounts, and Celia is our Executive Support; and support for the clinical team to ensure a high quality and friendly service for our residents, their families and all visitors.
The team at Resthaven includes...
- Receptionist and Admin Team including HR & Payroll and Accounts.
- Clinical and care staff: Clinical Nurse Leader, Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses, Health Care Assistants (HCAs), Housekeepers and a Staff Educator.
- Management: CEO David, General Manager Rachel, Project & Sales Manager Sandy, and Village Manager Joanne.
- Maintenance: Maintenance personnel and Driver.
- Therapy: 3 Diversional Therapists and 2 Activities Assistants.
- Support Services: Laundry team and Apartment support.
- General Cleaning, Laundry and Catering are contracted services.
Chief Executive Officer
Project & Sales Manager
Some of our friendly staff:
New to Cambridge?
Click on the below link for a video of this wonderful place in the heart of the Waikato