Resthaven currently has over 90 staff who provide care and services to all the ladies and gentlemen who have chosen Resthaven as their home.
The team at Resthaven includes;
- Admin: Receptionist, HR & Payroll, Accounts and Clinical administrator.
- Clinical and care staff: Clinical Nurse Leader, Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses, Health Care Assistants (HCAs), Housekeepers and Staff Educator.
- Management: CEO, General Manager, Sales & Projects Manager and Village Manager.
- Maintenance: Maintenance personnel and Driver.
- Therapy: We currently have 3 Diversional Therapists and 2 Activities Assistants.
- Support Services: Laundry team and Apartment support.
- General Cleaning, Laundry and Catering services are contracted out.
Chief Executive Officer
Some of our friendly staff:
Having a stand alone Staff Educator (RN) has enabled Resthaven to continually develop 'our' people. For example: All staff attend a variety of compulsory education sessions through the year ranging from Residents rights and basic cares through to infection control and manual handling. All Health Care Assistants have either completed or are completing appropriate qualification from CareerForce (or equivalent).
All staff (HCAs and RNs) who work in our Dementia Unit have completed (or are completing) appropriate dementia modules. Our Registered Nurses engage in a variety of education sessions internally, in the community and at WDHB to ensure best practice. Our therapy team attend external support group and conferences.
The Board of Trustees are appointed from the local Community Service groups, e.g.: Lions Club, Rotary Club, Returned Services Association, Federated Farmers, Country Women's Institute & Waipa District Council.
Our friendly receptionist Emma mans the front desk during office hours - 9.00am - 4.30pm. In the back ground we have a well oiled team looking after HR & payroll, Accounts, Executive Support and support for the clinical team to ensure a high quality & friendly service to our residents, residents' families and visitors.