There are 83 cottages at Cambridge Resthaven in The Close, The Court, Resthaven Gardens and in the newest development, The Views on Vogel. They range from one to three bedrooms. 81 are under Occupation Right Agreement (ORA) and two are for rent. The Cambridge Resthaven Trust Board give priority to Cambridge residents and then to those who have connections with Cambridge.
The current cottages have been built over a period of twenty five years and therefore attract different "prices". The ORAs are sold at the current market valuation prices.
The Village Community Centre has the following:
Cambridge Community Menzshed
Arts and Craft Room
Dining for up to 100 people
Endless Pool with Treadmill
Small Meeting Room
The Village van is available for all to use.
Our Village Manager Joanne visits residents regularly to ensure their general well-being and manageability in their homes, and there's always a good turn-out for the popular Monday morning tea that Joanne hosts for residents from the villas, cottages and apartments. We also have a varied social programme with activities and outings that are organised each month by our very active Social Committee.
Together with our CEO David Hall, Joanne hosts Quarterly Forums in the Village Centre, giving all village residents the opportunity for general discussion and feedback.
Our Registered Nurse Sue Crowe holds a weekly Nurse Clinic in the Village Centre.
Cottage Service Fee Information
The Trust Board charges a weekly service fee which is reviewed annually. The service fee covers:
- Rates - general, pan and water rates
- Waste disposal
- Lawn mowing and edges
- Power for common areas
- Insurance on buildings (not on personal items)
- Interior / Exterior maintenance
- Village Coordinator
- Administration costs
Basic Support Services cover
Additional Services available on user pay basis
- Meals on wheels
- Laundry service
- Home cleaning
- Exterior window cleaning
- Shower assistance
- Day stay support
- Short term Resthome and
- Continuing care
The Views on Vogel
Idyllic retirement village in beautiful Cambridge
The Views on Vogel is Cambridge Resthaven's newest expansion
- All stages of the new 'Views on Vogel' development were completed by December 2015
- Affordable, independent retirement living
- Picturesque Cambridge setting, among established trees in beautiful grounds
- Handy location, close to Cambridge's town centre. Shops and amenities are within easy scootering distance.
- Access to support services and continuum of care, that are second to none
- There is a purpose-built community centre, where many social functions are held, it also includes a dedicated Menzshed, hairdresser, swim/spa pool and hobby room.