COVID-19 UPDATE - 16 NOVEMBER 2021
The Waikato moves into level 2 at midnight on 16th November, and we will re-start Controlled Visiting at Resthaven in Vogel Street and Burns Street on 17th November.
Visiting days will be on weekdays (not weekends) for the first 2 weeks to assist us in monitoring visiting in and out, ie. visiting days will be:
- Wednesday to Friday this week (17-19th November) and
- Monday to Friday next week (22nd-26th November).
Below is our policy (which is based on the recommendations from the government and MOH level 2 visiting for Aged Care).
Please note – At this stage there is a ‘No vaccination No visiting’ policy in place for Resthaven – this is in place for staff, contractors, all external agents that we use and visitors. We will ask for proof of your vaccination status so please do not be offended if we decline your visit if you are unable to provide us with proof.
- All potential visitors must contact Resthaven at least one day in advance to discuss the visit during office hours (Strictly pre-arranged visiting only).
- All potential visitors must complete the health screening questionnaire part 1 prior to being allowed on site and part 2 as they come on site. When you ring to book your appointment we will go through part 1 of the questionnaire with you.
- 2 designated visitors per resident. Clinical lead/GM approval required for more visitors per resident.
- The length of the visits will be kept to 30-45 minutes.
- Visitors will be asked for evidence of their vaccination status. This can be a screen shot of ‘My Covid record'. The visitor(s) must show this prior to arriving on site. (Copy will be kept on resident's Leecare file – Privacy will be maintained at all times.)
- Children under the age 12 will be on a case-by-case basis and discussed with Covid team.
- All visitors must scan in using the Tracer App.
- Vaccinated visitors may be requested by Resthaven to have a negative Covid test no more than 72 hours prior to the scheduled visit to confirm they do not have Covid.
- Physical distancing of 2 meters will be observed between the residents and visitor.
- All visitors must wear PPE – mask - for the duration of the visit.
- Should circumstances change between the initial booking of the visit and actual visit, Resthaven reserves the right to cancel the visit where it is deemed necessary to do so.
- Visitors who are unwell will not be allowed entry. If visitors have cold or flu symptoms, they should be symptom free for 48 hours before they visit.
- Essential visitors who have travelled to New Zealand from any country in the last 14 days must not visit disability or aged care facilities – those given dispensation by MOH to leave their managed isolation hotel/home isolation, will only be approved to visit by Covid Taskforce Team.