COVID-19 UPDATE & CONTROLLED VISITING POLICY
10 MAY 2022
Controlled designated visiting at Resthaven - please ring Resthaven reception for details BEFORE visiting (the day before if possible would be very much appreciated). Thank you for your continued support and assistance to help keep our residents safe.
Controlled Visiting Policy:
Please note that all visiting is pre-arranged controlled visiting.
Please contact reception during office hours to arrange your visit.
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 11.30am and 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
Outside of these times the Resthaven doors will be locked. If you cannot visit during the times above, please contact reception during office hours.
- All potential visitors must contact Resthaven to arrange the visit (pre-arranged visiting only). Please let us know if you have recently arrived from overseas.
- All visitors must provide a negative rapid antigen test (RAT) result that has been done within a maximum of 2 hours before the visit.
- Potential visitors who have a positive RAT result, or are household contacts of someone with Covid, need to follow the MOH isolation requirements and there is no visiting for at least 7 days.
- All visitors will be required to wear a medical grade mask (i.e. not cloth) and sanitise their hands on arrival.
- All visitors to show proof of vaccination status prior to visit.
o Unvaccinated visitors – when you contact reception to pre-arrange visiting, they will help arrange a Covid-safe visit.
- If it is a sunny day, outside visits are preferred, and the visitor is required to wear a medical grade mask.
- For inside visits, the visitor must show evidence of a negative RAT test before visiting and will be required to wear full PPE (medical grade mask, gown and gloves) while visiting.
- All potential visitors must complete the health screening questionnaire prior to being allowed on site.
- While there are still such high community Covid numbers we would prefer a maximum of two designated visitors per resident.
- Visiting is limited to these areas to help us with internal contact tracing:
- At Resthaven on Vogel - visiting is in the resident’s room.
- At Resthaven on Burns - visiting is in the ‘visitors’ room.
- Length of the visits will be kept to 30 – 40 minutes to enable as many people as possible to visit.
- School children and children under the age of 5 will be on a case-by-case basis and discussed with the Covid Task Force Team.
- You may wish to continue to scan in using the Tracer App.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres is recommended, between the residents and visitor, as per government social distancing guidelines.
- Should circumstances change between the initial booking of the visit and actual visit, Resthaven reserves the right to cancel the visit where it is deemed necessary to do so.
- Visitors who are unwell will not be allowed entry. If visitors have cold, Covid or flu symptoms, they should be symptom-free for 48 hours before they visit.
- The Covid Task Force Team will use their clinical judgement to determine who can access facilities.
Resident outings with families: residents/families are encouraged to visit ‘uncrowded’ places or outdoor areas, and should ensure mask wearing in busy environments and adherence to all public health measures.
Please note: Unvaccinated residents who leave the facility may be required to isolate on return for 5 days (other than for an outpatient medical appointment). This will also be the case if a vaccinated resident is visiting families who are unvaccinated/partially vaccinated, however this will be risk assessed and RATs will be utilised as required.
Please bear in mind that any changes (e.g. total lockdown) may occur with very minimal notice. This is certainly challenging times for everyone and we really do appreciate the support and assistance from you all to help keep our residents safe.